St. Louis, Missouri – Wednesday January 24, 2018 – Amped Wireless has new firmware for the Ally-1900 Home Kits. Users can upgrade firmware from the Ally App or Web UI. Please contact customer service at the number below with any issues or if you need assistance with the update.
Additionally, Amped Wireless has the following Beta Firmware available for consumers for the KRACK exploit for the following products:
If you are interested in testing the Beta Firmware please read the following disclaimer and firmware agreement and contact our customer service team at 1-888-573-8820 or at email@example.com.
AMPED WIRELESS BETA FIRMWARE DISCLAIMER
Beta firmware released by Amped Wireless is not yet fully tested and is used to gather feedback before regular release. This enables customers to be involved with the development process and for any necessary changes to be made prior to the regular release schedule.
If you use our Beta firmware, please report any bugs you find to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below. All reports will be evaluated by senior staff, but in most cases, you will not receive a response unless clarification is needed.
Please include the following information with your report:
- Problem description
- The Amped Wireless Product Serial number
- Beta software version
- The type of device you are using: IPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Dell Windows PC etc... in addition to the Operating system
- If possible, please also send a screenshot of the device status/details page.
Thank you for your assistance.
AMPED WIRELESS BETA FIRMWARE AGREEMENT
BY DOWNLOADING OR USING THE BETA FIRMWARE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS SYSTEM SOFTWARE BETA AGREEMENT (“Agreement”). If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not download or use the beta firmware.
This Agreement is between Amped Wireless and you. You must be 18 years or older and have an Amped Wireless product.
NOTE: YOU ARE ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT ON YOUR BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO ACCESS OR USE: (I) YOUR AMPED WIRELESS PRODUCT FOR WHICH THE BETA FIRMWARE WAS DESIGNED. (II) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S USE OF THIS AMPED WIRELESS PRODUCT AND FOR THEIR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT'S TERMS.
1. Beta Firmware. Amped Wireless may provide you with beta software, documentation and access to the beta test program (collectively, “Beta Firmware”). Beta Firmware participation is subject to this Agreement. Amped Wireless may terminate this Beta Firmware at any time without cause or advance notice to you. You are responsible for any loss or damage to your Beta Firmware or to Amped Wireless’ intellectual property rights in it, including loss or damage resulting from the disclosure of the Beta Firmware. You will immediately notify Amped Wireless if you become aware that the Beta Firmware provided to you is distributed or transferred to a third party, and you must use your best efforts to help recover the Beta Firmware and to prevent any further loss of disclosure.
2. License. When you install the Beta Firmware, Amped Wireless grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to use the Beta Firmware for personal use on your Amped Wireless products for which the Beta Firmware was designed. Amped Wireless reserves all rights in the Beta Firmware not explicitly granted to you in this license, including rights to all intellectual property contained in the Beta Firmware. This license does not include the right to, and you agree not to (a) rent, lease or sublicense the Beta Firmware or make it available on a network to other users; (b) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Beta Firmware; (c) create derivative works from the Beta Firmware; or (d) copy, publicly perform or broadcast the Beta Firmware in an unauthorized manner.
4. Confidential Nature of the Beta Firmware. You acknowledge that:
(a) The Beta Firmware and any information regarding your use of the Beta Firmware, whether shared with Amped Wireless or not, is Amped Wireless’ confidential information. You may use the Beta Firmware only in your home solely for the purpose of testing the Beta Firmware, and you will not transfer, distribute or disclose any materials, User Material, or any information in connection with the Beta Firmware to any third party, including through a public exhibition or display. You may not discuss your experience with the Beta Firmware with third parties or publish or disseminate information about those experiences;
(b) the Beta Firmware is not thoroughly tested and includes pre-release materials that are not intended for public release;
(c) the features provided in the Beta Firmware may not be available in the final release;
(d) disclosure of any part of the Beta Firmware, User Material or your experiences using the Beta Firmware to any third party, including any trade or consumer press, news agency or any competitor of Amped Wireless, will cause significant and irreparable harm to Amped Wireless, the extent of which may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, Amped Wireless is entitled to injunctive relief as well as all other legal remedies that may be available if you breach this Agreement.
5. Updates and Online Server Support. This Agreement applies to Beta Firmware updates, including all downloadable content for the Beta Firmware. AMPED WIRELESS may, by automatic update or otherwise, modify the Beta Firmware at any time for any reason. If the Beta Firmware uses online servers, AMPED WIRELESS makes no commitment to make those servers available at any or all times.
6. Internet Connection. Some Beta Firmware features may require an internet connection, which you must provide at your expense. You are responsible for all costs and fees charged by your internet service provider related to the download and use of the Beta Firmware.
7. DISCLAIMER/LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. THE BETA FIRMWARE AND ALL RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWABLE UNDER LAW, AMPED WIRELESS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING SENTENCE, AMPED WIRELESS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT OPERATION OF THE BETA FIRMWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT THE BETA FIRMWARE WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH ANY OTHER PRODUCT OTHER THAN DESIGNATED AMPED WIRELESS PRODUCT MODEL. AMPED WIRELESS MAY IN DISCRETION, DISCONTINUE SUPPORTING THE BETA FIRMWARE AT ANY TIME, AND FIRMWARE HAS NO LIABILITY FOR DISCONTINUANCE. FIRMWARE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOST PROFITS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, LOSS OF DATA OR ANY OTHER FORM OF DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES FROM ANY CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE BETA FIRMWARE, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT AMPED WIRELESS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL AMPED WIRELESS TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES EXCEED $10. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITIES OR WARRANTIES, SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Questions or Complaints. You may submit any questions or complaints to Customer Support.